McKinley Health Center is pleased to administer allergy
injections to UIUC students who are under an immunotherapy regimen. Our goal is
to continue a desensitization program for students who have started allergy
injections with their private physician.
Allergy injections are given Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
during the Fall and Spring semesters and 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. during breaks and
Allergy injections and patient’s initial visit are by appointment only.
- Avoid strenuous exercise 1 hour before and after your injections.
- It is important for you to inform the nurse if you have any current health
problems or if you had any reactions to your previous injections.
- You are expected to remain in the clinic for a minimum of 20 minutes
following your injection(s) and report any reactions that occur.
- Non-compliance with instructions given will result in the discontinuation of
your allergy injections at the Health Center.
- McKinley does not administer injections unless one of our physicians or nurse
practitioners is on site.
- McKinley adheres to the allergen immunotherapy practice parameters of the American
Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology and to the standards of The Joint
Commission, which accredits us for ambulatory care.
- If you or your physician have any questions regarding procedures for allergy
injections, please contact the Immunization and Travel Clinic at 217
Instructions for First Time Allergy Patients
- Ask your private physician to read and complete the following documents
prior to visiting McKinley Health Center for your initial appointment:
- Allow 45 minutes to 1 hour for your initial visit.
Bring the following with you on your first visit:
- Completed Allergy Injection Therapy Order form
- Serum vials
- University ID card
- If you or your primary care physician have any questions regarding procedures for allergy injections, please contact the Immunization and Travel clinic at: 217-333-2702
<< back to immunization and travel
© 2010 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign