Student Advisory Board
Student Advisory Board - Mission Statement
The Mission of the McKinley Health Center
Advisory Board is to:
- Serve as a liaison between students and the staff and administration of
the Health Center.
- Inform students of special health problems on campus.
- Create awareness of both general and special services offered by the
- Promote the general welfare and health of the student community.
- Review and evaluate programs, services, and policies of the Health
- Provide a mechanism for student consumer complaints, excluding any
review of medical competence.
- Participate in the selection process for all new professional staff,
physicians, health educators, administrators, and such others as may be
appropriate and timely.
- Consult with the Director of Health Service on policies for the
operation and management of the Health Center.
- Offer recommendations for new programs or modifications of existing
programs. (These policies shall in no way detail the actual practice of
- Review the annual budget proposal with the Director in advance of its
presentation to the Service Fee Advisory Committee.
- Provide such other advice on health and Health Center matters as the
Vice-Chancellor might request.
Student Advisory Board Members
- Robert D. Palinkas MD
- Kim Dalluge
- Faculty/Staff members:
- Sherrika Ellison
- Mary Russell
- Andrea Wynn
- Undergraduate members:
- Aku Bedu
- Andrew Freeman
- Matthew Hughes
- Spruha Shah
- Jared Weingart
- Brandon Zelman
- Graduate Student members:
- Adrienne Barry
- Colleen Gibbons
- Shondra Loggins
- Erin Olson
How YOU can get involved...
- Each spring semester - undergraduate, graduate, and
the faculty/staff members of the board shall be appointed by the Illinois Student Government
(ISG) - subject
to approval by the office of the Vice-Chancellor for Student Affairs. Look for
campus committee applications in the ISG office, 2nd floor Illini Union, in
early March 2013 or online at
Student Affairs - Welcome to Campus Committees
<< back to McKinley main page
© 2012 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign